Creation Syrah Grenache – A match made in Heaven
Take a seriously rich, smoky and sensuous Syrah, couple it with a gorgeously perfumed, sexy Grenache and what you get is a blend Valentine dreams are made of!
Drawing their character from the clay-rich soils of the Hemel-en-Aarde Ridge, the two partners were lovingly spliced by the inspired Creation winemaking team to offer a Rhône-style blend in the finest tradition. Dark purple in colour, almost black, with flashes of deep crimson. Alluring aromas of ripe black olive beckon from the glass, elegantly complemented by whiffs of pepper. A well-endowed, full-bodied wine rewarding with intense flavours of ripe plum, black pepper and the smokiness characteristic of Syrah.
Feeling lucky? Enter the Creation Valentines Competition and stand a chance to win some amazing prizes.
Pair Creation’s magic potion with Season Restaurant’s pièce de résistance and watch your Valentine’s resistance crumble …
LOIN OF SPRINGBOK AND MELTED FOIE GRAS PRESENTED ON WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO WITH SYRAH GRENACHE JUS
- salt, pepper, oil
- FOIE GRAS
- 12 slices – 20g each
- coarse sea salt
WILD MUSHROOM RISOTTO
- 120g risotto
- 1 small shallot
- 1 small garlic clove
- 20ml olive oil
- 300ml chicken stock
- 1 sprig rosemary and thyme
- salt, pepper
- 120g assorted wild mushrooms
- 20g unsalted butter
- 20g cut chives
- 20g cream
- 20g grated parmesan cheese
- 150ml venison jus
- 150ml syrah grenache jus
- assorted vegetables
- 4 sprigs of rosemary
1. Preheat oil in a saucepan.
2. Season the springbok loin with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
3. Place in the hot pan and seal loin on both sides until it has the desired colour.
4. Remove the loin from the pan and place into a preheated oven (200°C) for approximately 5 min.
5. Take the loin out of the oven and let rest for 2 min.
1. Season the foie gras slices on the top side with coarse salt and freshly ground white pepper.
Wild Mushroom Risotto
1. Preheat olive oil in a sauce pan.
2. Add the shallot and garlic and stir for a minute.
3. Add the risotto, rosemary and sprig of thyme.
4. Pour half the chicken stock in and stir constantly over medium heat until the liquid has evaporated.
5. Add the rest of the chicken stock and cook until ‘al dente’.
6. Season with salt and freshly ground white pepper.
7. Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat.
8. Add the mushrooms and sauté until the liquid has evaporated and the mushrooms are tender.
9. Season with a little salt.
10. Place the mushrooms into the risotto and add the cream. Heat up again.
11. Finish up with the parmesan and chives.
Syrah Grenache Jus
1. Reduce the syrah grenache by half slowly over medium heat.
2. Add the venison jus to the wine reduction and bring to boil.
1. Slice each loin into three medallions.
2. Place one foie gras slice on each medallion.
3. Place under salamander until foie gras is slightly melted.
4. Place wild mushroom risotto in the centre of a warm plate.
5. Place the springbok loin on top of the risotto.
6. Pour the syrah grenache jus around the risotto.
7. Arrange the vegetables neatly around.
8. Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.