Healthy Pumpkin Waffles
To get through your busy morning, make a batch of these delicious, healthy-carb pumpkin waffles and top with fruit, nuts, and high-protein Greek yogurt. Yoghurt is extremely healthy. It lowers blood pressure and may even have anticancer and weight-loss effects. There’s also quite a few people who believe that yogurt is an aphrodisiac. Even more reason to add that extra spoon!
- 1/2 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup(s) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup(s) wheat germ
- 1 tablespoon(s) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
- 5 tablespoon(s) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup(s) pumpkin puree
- 5 tablespoon(s) (1/2 stick plus 1 tablespoon) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon(s) vanilla extract
- 1 cup(s) milk
- Plain Greek-style yogurt
- Maple syrup
- Chopped nuts
- Heat waffle iron. In a small bowl, mix flours, wheat germ, baking powder, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, pumpkin puree, butter, eggs, vanilla, and 1/2 cup milk until well combined. Stir in dry ingredients and mix to form a smooth batter. Slowly add remaining 1/2 cup milk until batter is thin enough to pour into waffle iron.
- Spoon about 1/2 cup batter into iron and cook according to iron instructions.
- Serve with yogurt, syrup, nuts, and fruit.