Fairview Caramalized Brie
In the mood for something sweet yet savoury? This caramelized brie made from Fairview‘s ever popular brie cheese will hit just the right spot!
Fairview Grand Brie or Vintner’s Brie
Finely chopped Walnuts / Pecan nuts
Preserved or glacé figs (chopped)
Dried Apricots / Peaches or Berries
250ml White Sugar
1) Carefully slice the white rind off the top of the Brie and dispose of it
2) Place the cheese on an serving dish and mark 8 to 10 wedge shapes by scoring the top of the cheese very lightly with a knife
3) Carefully arrange the different toppings onto each wedge, alternating between them
4) Gently press the fruit and nuts down into the Brie, cover the cheese with its foil and refrigerate until ready to serve
5) Place the sugar in a pot with 125ml of water and gently stir, but do not dissolve the sugar. Place the pot on the stove on a high setting.
6) Do not stir while boiling, allowing the syrup to turn golden brown – this will only take a few minutes.
7) Remove the cheese from the fridge a few minutes prior to serving.
8 ) Pour the syrup evenly over the cheese and toppings. It should set almost immediately.
Slice and serve with Fairview Viognier Special Late Harvest or La Beryl Blanc straw wine.
read more on fairview.co.za