winetimes.co - 08:00, 27th October, 2011
Peachy Summer Muffins
Fresh whole peaches are a terrific summery snack — but you can also use them to make wonderful breakfast treats!
- 1 cup flour
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 2/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup oat bran
- 2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup low-fat cream cheese
- 1 cup peeled, chopped peaches, divided
- 1 cup skim milk
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup toasted, chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray 12 muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients in a medium bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon brown sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Stir together cream cheese and the reserved 1 tablespoon brown sugar. When well blended, fold in 1/4 cup peaches.
- Add milk, oil, vanilla and egg to dry ingredients, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Lightly stir in remaining peaches and walnuts. Spoon 3/4 of the mixture into prepared muffin tins.
- Place a teaspoonful of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each then spoon remaining batter over the top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.