Featured - 16:05, 18th May, 2012
Lamb steaks with houmous new potatoes
Here’s a great meal for the weekend to come. With this succulent dish it will turn any night into an event.
- 500g new potatoes
- 2 lamb leg steaks
- 1 tsp olive oil
- bunch cherry tomato on the vine
- 3 tbsp houmous
- 10 pitted green olives , roughly chopped
- small handful flat-leaf parsley , chopped
- Cook the potatoes in boiling salted water for 15 mins or until tender. Meanwhile, heat the grill or a griddle pan. When the potatoes are almost ready, season the lamb steaks, rub with a little oil, then griddle or grill for 3-4 mins on each side until they are cooked to your liking, adding the tomatoes halfway through until juicy and bursting.
- When the potatoes are ready, drain well, then return to the pan and gently crush with a fork or potato masher. Stir through the houmous, olives and parsley, then season well. Serve the crushed potatoes with the lamb and the tomatoes.
read more on neethlingshof.wordpress.com