Decadent Champagne Fondue with Cheese
Do you have a bottle of champagne handy? Try this champagne fondue recipe. It’s very similar to the basic cheese fondue recipe except that you use champagne instead of white wine.
- 2 Garlic cloves, cut in half
- 500 ml (2 cups) Champagne
- 550 g Swiss cheese, shredded
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) All purpose flour
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Lemon juice
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Kirsch
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Nutmeg
- 2 ml (1/2 tsp) Paprika
- To Taste Pepper
- Assortment of Dippers
1. Rub the garlic inside the fondue pot then discard.
2. Pour the champagne and lemon juice into the fondue pot and turn on the burner. Let the champagne and lemon juice warm up without boiling.
3. In a separate bowl, mix the flour and cheese.
4. Reduce heat in the fondue pot and add the cheese and flour mixture.
5. With a wooden spoon, mix well.
6. Add remaining ingredients.
7. Add pepper to taste.
8. If the mixture is too hard, add champagne. If the mixture is too soft, add cheese.
9. Dip bite size pieces of bread or vegetables.
10. Let the freshly dipped pieces cool off for a few seconds, then enjoy and repeat but no double-dipping!
Tip: You can change the type of cheese based on your personal preferences. You can use two cheeses with 225 g each.