Including Whiskey in dishes adds a warm, smoky flavour to the meal and an added dimension of interest for the diner because liquor is not a frequently used ingredient.
The best whiskeys for cooking are as scotch, due to their smoky flavour. Other whiskey types include Irish whiskey, bourbon and Tennessee whiskey.
- 1pound ground beef
- 1pound ground pork
- 1½cups dried breadcrumbs
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½cup spicy mustard
- 2tablespoons canola oil
- 1cup whiskey
- 3cups beef broth
- 3tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1cup heavy cream
1. Have on hand a rimmed baking sheet.
2. In a bowl, combine the beef, pork, panko, egg, salt, pepper, and ¼ cup of the spicy mustard. With your hands (or a large spoon), mix until well combined.
3. Using an ice-cream scoop, your hands, or a couple of spoons, form 30 balls, about 1 inch in diameter. Place the meatballs on the baking sheet and freeze for 10 to 15 minutes to firm them up.
Pop around to one of the Ultra Liquors stores for a wide selection of whiskeys.