Red pepper and feta muffins
It’s the combination of feta and roasted peppers that really sells these addictive muffins.
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup white flour
2/3 cup reduced fat feta cheese
1 small to medium onion, finely chopped
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
1 red pepper, finely chopped
1 tsp dried oregano
2 tsp tomato paste
2/3 cup skim milk
2 tsp sugar
1 tsp salt
1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 4oo degrees and spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Spray a medium sauce pan with cooking spray and saute the onions, garlic, and red pepper until soft. Remove from the heat and place in a small bowl to let cool.
- Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, pepper, and oregano and stir together to remove clumps.
- Beat your egg well and mix together with milk, tomato paste, pepper and onion mixture, and feta cheese.
- Mix together the dry flour mixture with the wet egg mixture until just mixed.
- Pour into muffin tin and cook for 14-16 minutes until golden brown on the top.
- Let cool for 15 minutes and remove from muffin tin. These are great warm or on the go at room temperature