5 Things your Bartender isn`t telling you
We all have our favourite cocktails but you’ll find that there’s a few things that you don’t know about your favourite cocktail. There’s a lot your bartender is not telling you.
Reader’s Digest came up with a list of 13 Things Your Bartender Won’t Tell You. Some of them focus on etiquette while others were geared more towards the way the food industry and bars in particular function. The more interesting things however were the little bits that affect your experience as a cocktail drinker and a customer.
- You’re not tipping enough – You might thing R5 is enough when you order a cocktail but you should tip at least 15 percent, Reader’s Digest suggests.
- Be wary of garnishes – At some bars, the cocktail garnishes and snacks sit out for days.
- Last call – It’s uncool to order a round of drinks after last call. Bartenders hate this. Your cocktail order may not be quite as carefully poured.
- Going wireless –Some bars now use wireless gadgets to measure how much liquor is poured in each drink. Carefully calculated, less crafted.
- Call it like it is – If you want a drink strong, bartenders say just order a double. That’s what it is, that’s what you’re getting, and you’ve got to pay accordingly.