Featured 08:00, 10th January, 2013
Tomato, Brie and Egg on Rye Toast
Looking for something healthy yet tasty to enjoy in the morning. Try this easy to make tomato, brie and egg open sandwich.
4 slices of rye bread
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 thick slices brie, at room temperature
2 small tomatoes, sliced
2 tablespoons butter
4 large eggs
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and top each with a slice of brie and two to three slices of tomato.
- Preheat broiler to high, then heat butter in a large, non-stick pan over medium heat until hot and foamy.
- Crack all four eggs in the pan and fry until white is solidified, but yolk is still runny.
- While eggs are frying, broil the rye for 2-3 minutes, or until tomato is soft on top and cheese is melted.
- Remove the bread from oven and top each with a fried egg.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve immediately.
Promoted by a guest Published 22 January 2015 09:00